SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICE CENTER
85 Delancey Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10002
The BRC Substance Abuse Service Center (SASC) provides the setting for sobriety and stability for substance abusers. At SASC, struggling addicts and alcoholics attain and maintain sobriety while rebuilding their lives.
Open 5 days and 2 nights a week, services at SASC are provided in a therapeutic setting and include: individual and group counseling; healthcare needs assessment, referral and follow up; psychiatric care; and case management and advocacy. Breakfast and lunch are available at no cost, as are showers, washers & dryers, and clothing. Art and music therapy, recreational activities, and a prevocational work adjustment program are also available. Clients who have attained 3 months sobriety are eligible to participate in BRC’s other employment training and job placement programs. Individual Counseling in Spanish is available, as well as women’s services, Tai Chi, and acupuncture.
New clients are expected to attend the program daily (Saturdays are optional), but may be excused to keep scheduled outside medical and social service appointments. We offer a structured day program for those requiring more intensive services and an evening program for those who are employed or are in daytime training programs.
|CLINIC HOURS ARE:|
| 9 AM – 5 PM|
9 AM – 7 PM
9 AM – 5 PM
9 AM – 7 PM
9 AM – 5 PM
The following criteria will qualify a person for placement in the BRC Substance Abuse Service Center:
- 18 years of age or older
- Primary diagnosis of alcohol abuse/dependence or substance abuse/dependence, or a “significant other” requiring services
- All clients who have a mental illness (MICA), but who are psychiatrically stable and medication compliant can participate in the Chemical Dependency Rehabilitation Program at SASC.
- All clients are screened and assessed for appropriateness. Clients presenting for admission who do not meet the admission criteria will be referred to appropriate services
REFERRAL MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
- Copy of recent physical exam (if available)
- PPD or chest X – ray results
- Psychosocial summary if available
- Psychiatric evaluation/assessment
- Insurance cards (Medicaid, Medicare). Sliding scale fees for clients who are inelligible for Medicaid.
- Intake appointment unnecessary, however, a call is appreciated from referring agencies. Referral materials may be faxed or hand – delivered by client.
Licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health, SASC receives direct funding support from the New York City Department of Mental Health and the State Office of Alcoholism and Addiction Services.
Critical additional support is provided by the foundations, corporations and individuals that contribute to BRC. For a full list of these supporters, please click the Resources button below.
DIRECTIONS TO SASC
SASC is located at 85 Delancey Street, 2nd Floor. F train to Delancey St. J, M to Essex. Also accessible by bus: #15 and #14 to Allen Street.
Program Director: 212-529-6320, ext.106
Assistant Director: 212-529-6320, ext.108